wordpress-themes.org wordpress themes wordpress themes

PERCEIVED ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT AND ITS IMPACT TO THE TURNOVER INTENTION: Results

PERCEIVED ORGANIZATIONAL COMMITMENT AND ITS IMPACT TO THE TURNOVER INTENTION: ResultsQuantitative research has been used to conduct this research study. Thus, the measurement scale that used to measure section A is nominal scale and ordinal scale which is both are non-metric scales. The statistic tool that used to gather the data in section B of questionnaire from respondents was Likert scale and analyzes the data by using SPSS.
It have been indicated that organizational commitment and the turnover intention were both metric. This shows that it was suitable to test the hypothesis under Pearson correlation coefficient. This was because the relationship between organizational commitment and turnover intention has fulfilled the Pearson correlation coefficients conditions which are both variables are in metric.
Correlation analysis is the statistical tool we can use to describe the degree to which one variable is linearly related to another. As a descriptive technique, it is very powerful because this method indicates whether variables share something in common with each other. If they do, the two variables are correlated (or-co-related) with one another. Neil J.Salkind 2009.
The descriptive analysis of this research has been attached which is about the personal information of the respondents. The information and respond that collected in section A has been presented in graphical display such as pie chart, bar chart, histograms, table and others. Besides, the frequency distribution in this part has been present in a table which include the frequency percent, valid percent and cumulative percent. Frequency distribution is adopted to present the respondent’s demographic data. The purpose is show a clear of the distance range of gender, age, race, marital status, education level and income level from the respondents. The percentages from the data analysis enable to show clearly personal information from the target respondents
The gender of the total respondents can be divided into 56.8% of female which is 158 of female while male respondent consist 43.2% which is 120 of male. Besides, majority respondents fall in the age group of 21-30 years old.It was consist 59.4 percent of total respondents which is 165 respondents. The minority age group was below 20 years old. For the race category, Chinese respondents were highest and own the 47.1% of total respondents which is 131 respondents and the lowest was other race. Most of the respondents have earned a yearly income Rm2000-RM4000 which owns the 42.8 of total respondents or 119 respondents. According to the result, majority of the respondents were degree holder which consists of 106 respondents and own 38.1% of total respondents. For marital status, 58.6% out of total respondents were single and the remaining 41.4% are married.
Furthermore the data was tested using Pearson’s correlation analysis to look at the relationships between turnover intention and organizational commitment. The results are shown in table 4 as per below.

Table 3: Coefficient Range

Coefficient Range Strength/ Are said to be
±0.91 to ±1.00 Very strong
±0.71 to ±0.90 High
±0.41 to ±0.70 Moderate
±0.21 to ±0.40 Small but definite relationship
±0.00 to ±0.20 Slight, almost negligible

Table 4: Correlation between Turnover Intention atid Organizational Commitment

Variable Turnover Intention OrganizationalCommitment
Turnover Intention Pearson Correlation 1 -.705″
Sig. (2-tailed) .000
N 278 278
Organizational Pearson Correlation -.705” 1
Commitment
Sig. (2-tailed) .000
N 278 278
This post was written by , posted on February 12, 2014 Wednesday at 1:52 pm